Goodbyes are hard, but as you used to say "life goes on & we need to face it with a smile"

As it all began it finished. One initial breath made you cry for the first time 88 years ago and announced to the world your birth. Surely little did you know that you would do so much in your life, you were just a simple girl, helping your mum, playing in the streets of mdina and busy growing up. Yes you grew up fast, you had to. Those were the times when kids had to grow and be useful and you grew up to be a beautiful and great woman.

You never had it easy. Life did send hardships your way, but you always were strong and tackled life with a strong will and a sweet smile, the same smile you kept sharing with me every time I came to see you these last few weeks. You never lied to me and whenever I was wrong you showed me your disapproval bluntly and always gave me the reason why and for that I thank you as you gave me a value I will treasure with me throughout time.

I will never forget how many times you sat down listening to me blabbering about something you didn't even understand what it was, but you showed interest and that made me feel important in my little world. It also taught me that I should listen to others even though I don't like them or what they were saying and never judge, but be true and always express your honest opinion. I try everyday to be a fraction of that.

Whenever life brings along some of it's difficult surprises I wish I was back in your kitchen listening to the evening story teller on the radio or playing some weird card game, but I took some of your teachings and I get up and carry on, as that is what you always taught me with word and action.

As it all began it all ended. With one last breath you left this world,  88 years after your first breath.  But it's not the end, it's the beginning of a new life in the memory of the great person you were, still be and will always remain as You are part of us and we part of you.

Thank you Nanna, see you soon.

Comments